Welcome to part two of the four part self assessment course.
As you recall (I hope), last week we talked about the three parts to humans, body (mind), spirit and personality. In each of these parts we can have problems that will interfere with the transformation journey. In these sessions I will show you how to assess yourself so you will know if there is a problem and what to do about it.
This week we are looking at your mind and how you think.
Your thoughts determine your mood which has profound effects on your activities, attitudes and relationships. If you can’t control your thoughts then you can’t control your moods. Problems of thought and mood control are called mood disorders. I spent most of my career treating mood disorders like depression, anxiety and mood swings so it’s a particular interest of mine.
So the first question I will answer is can these problems happen to Christians?
So mood disorders like depression, anxiety and mood swings are common and they do happen to Christians. Because of the misunderstanding in the church about depression and mental health disorders…
Christians suffer more with shame and condemnation than non Christians.
What is a normal mood? How do I know if I need help? What’s the difference between depression and discouragement? Why does depression wipe you out spiritually? All these questions are answered in the video. Just click.
What do I do next?
We have lots of resources to help you assess yourself for depression, anxiety or mood swings. These resources will also help you understand the conditions so you can help a loved one.
Personal coaching appointments are available where we can meet online or by phone. I will answer your questions about mood disorders and explain the recovery process.
Emotionally Free – The first third of the book explains the nature and treatment of mood disorders from a Christian perspective and includes the symptom checklists for self assessment. The rest of the book explains problems with our personality and spirit.
Free Q&A videos
Why do I feel so far from God when I’m depressed?
How do I know if I need medications for my mood?
How do I know if my depression has been healed?
How long do I need to stay on antidepressants?
The ultimate cure for worry
Have a look at these DVDs/CDs/direct downloads – watch 5 minute previews online
• Depression, The Path to Recovery As 2 disc of 10 TV interviews with Dr. Mullen where he explains a Christian understanding of depression, anxiety and mood swings. Our most popular DVD.
• Moods, what Christians should know about depression, anxiety and mood swings Christians are often very confused and misinformed about the nature and treatment of mental illnesses. They are also very suspicious of psychiatric treatments, so many are suffering needlessly from correctable conditions. This presentation will remove the mystery and confusion about the diagnosis and treatment of depression, anxiety and mood swings.
• Fear, When Trust is Lost You will get the tools to overcome and take control of the worries and fears that disrupt your life.
- What causes mood disorders?
- What is the treatment for mood disorders?
- Has depression become an epidemic?
- What is depression?
- What causes depression?
- What are the symptoms of depression?
- How does depression affect marriages?
- Does Menopause cause Depression?
- Is Adolescent Depression just a Normal Phase?
- Is it Normal for the Elderly to be Depressed?
- What is Anxiety Disorder and OCD?
- What is the ultimate cure for worry?
- What is bipolar disorder?
- You Mean I can’t Drink Coffee?
- What are the Christmas blues?
- Why do I feel so far from God when I’m depressed?
- How do I know if I need medications for my mood?
- How do I know if my depression has been healed?
- How long do I need to stay on antidepressants?
Next week we’ll have a look at what shapes our personality.
If you have questions, just click on Contact us.
Talk to you then,